Friday, November 21, 2008

bento # 6.5 - mummy's cooking

yeahhhh.....this one also another long forgotten bento pic. keep keep keep for so long and didn't post it. so bad lah me...this one is a MUST to post it coz it's cooked by my mum....我的妈妈....yayaya..my dearest mum when she was here attending my convocation. she bring all the way the squid (tomato squid - my favourite) and the chicken (becoz she claimed the chicken over in west m'sia not nice wor) so, she bring her 'kampung kueh' (kampung chicken lar) all the way from Sarawak. :) carrying such heavy luggage bag full with foods for me. i'm really a lucky daughter, isnt' it?
my mum know about my bento interest and say she can cook for me and i can bring to worklor. so nice neh. the tomato squid and the soya sauce ginger chicken. hmmm....two thumbs up neh. look a bit 'wet' hor this bento, coz got sauce mah, then must bawa the sauce sekali lah. but my rice i cook myself lah.
how i wish i know how to cook this lah....mum say, "very easy, first hor..the chicken, mummy already packed nicely for u..u just have to defroze it and then hor...a few slice of ginger...heat up the oil and then put ginger in.....and...and.." i'm basically *lost* there liao...so easy for mummy but it's like 'er...hah? oh? ehhh? hhmm..neeh..ahh?' for me. aiyooo very cham lah like this..simple simple meal also tak boleh. pai seh betul to be my mummy's daughter. :(

determined to learn from mummy....actually i got try to fried mummy's fried rice (with ikan bilis one) the taste emmm..of coz can't compare lah...how to compare...the look and the smell is there but the taste...emmm...i must say i need to work a bit harder..i mean real harder to get the taste correctlylar.... hahahah...and i also got try to cook mum's chicken soup which also have the look and the smell but the taste is so far gone.. :( dunno where i go wrong lah. i followed the step, the ingredient and everything liao but stilll.....that's y i'm the daughter and mummy is mummylar, i guess. kkekekekee.....kekeeke..

4 comments:

stargal said...

aiyo, next time take long leave, go back to sibu and stay in ur mom's kitchen! or better still, ask her to let u cook while she stand beside u and give instructions! hahaha...

but ya neh... u really lucky daughter neh! :)

Mona said...

hahaha....having her standing beside me, i lagi kelam-kabut. 'long puah tia' later ah, means wok all pecah. kakakaka....

Emily said...

stand 3 feet away with the camera aimed at her and the wok!

Mona said...

auntjo, hahaha....try doing tat, but can't hold for long coz she will be walking here and there very busy taking plate and things...keekekekek